Friday, January 08, 2010

This 'n That

I absolutely cannot think of anything to write about today. So, this will be just bits of this-n-that.

It’s been snowing all day in Chicago.

I really need to go grocery shopping, but pulling my grocery cart through the snow sounds like a messy ordeal. Snow-covered grocery cart wheels in my apartment aren’t a pleasant thing.

We have a nifty grocery delivery service here called Pea Pod where you can do all your shopping online and it gets delivered for a nominal fee. But I’ll bet Pea Pod is inundated with deliveries right now and the next available time they have to deliver any orders might not be until the Spring thaw.

I could be brave and just scrape the snow off the wheels. After all, Pea Pod is for pussies.

I’ll probably have Thai food and pizza delivered -- like a real man.

Other thoughts . . .

Modern Family is, by far, my most favorite show on TV now. If you haven’t seen it, you really must. It’s hilarious, clever, has great characters, and it’s even heartwarming. ABC, Wednesdays, 9:00 pm Eastern, 8:00 Central.

I still can’t believe I saw Avatar. But then again, I was accompanying my 8 year-old nephew, he loved it, and that’s what’s important.

Next thing you know, I’ll be taking him to a water park followed by a rap concert.

Yesterday, the choir director at the cathedral where I sing asked me if I could play the organ next Sunday. I had to decline. My feet haven’t touched organ pedals in a decade. Maybe it’s time I dust off the old organ slippers though. Gigs like that pay pretty well and in this day and age, it’s wise to have gigs that pay pretty well.

Last night, I dreamed that I could make slices of purple onions levitate. (Only slices, not the whole ones.)

That’s the second time I’ve had that dream.

3 Comments:

At 6:07 PM , Blogger Barb said...

I LOVE Modern Family. It was funny to see Benjamin Bratt speaking with a latin accent though. Great cast!

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Now THAT'S a weird dream! *hee hee* I love Modern Family, too--and do you think John & I would like Avatar? We have 2 free movie passes to use at some point...

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

We love Modern Family, too. DramaQueen is very much like Alex, and Dear Husband is very much like Phil. He says so himself. That episode about their anniversary - that could have been us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home