Thursday, January 14, 2010

Souvenir from Tasmania

My friends, Jack and Steve, recently returned from a long holiday cruise to New Zealand, Australia, and Tasmania.

Before they left, Jack asked me if I wanted anything from Down Under.

“You’re going to Tasmania?” I asked.

“Yes, for one day.”

“Bring me back a platypus. I could really use a platypus around here.”

They didn’t see any platypuses while in Tasmania, though Steve said he was on the lookout for them. It turns out that these nocturnal creatures are very elusive.

But, Jack just dropped off the cutest little stuffed platypus for me. I was just thrilled.
How often have you ever seen a teddy-platypus?

It’s very soft.

Many thanks to Jack for bringing me a platypus all the way from Tasmania.

Now, I need to come up with a name for it. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teddy?

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

"Patty",of course. MA

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger shannon lara said...

ok, this is tacky but oh well - I would call HIM "Plattawhat?" Cause ya'll don't go there! It does have a ring to it! :)

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger shannon lara said...

Tell Jack hello for me! I'd love some more picture of Porcha!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

How cute! I would name it "Platti-pie." *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home