Wednesday, October 14, 2009

They're Creepy and They're Kookey . . .

Chicago may not have won the 2016 Olympic bid, but we’re certainly making up for it next month.

Normally, Broadway musicals come to Chicago after they’ve been on Broadway, but this time it’ll be the other way around.

On November 13, Chicagoans will be treated to the world premier of Addams Family – The Musical.” And then it will head to Broadway.

Now, that sounds like a lot of fun just in itself. But guess who’s playing the lead, Morticia?

Remember Lilith from Cheers?

Yes, the incredible Bebe Neuwirth will be playing Morticia in Addams Family – The Musical. All I have to say is, WOW!

Neuwirth has tons of experience in Broadway musicals and I cannot imagine anyone more perfect to play Morticia in a musical rendition of The Addams Family.

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

I loved this series as a kid. It was SO much more sophisticated than The Munsters. The girl I got roped into taking to the senior prom looked a LOT like (and acted like) Morticia. My younger brother teased me about it incessantly.

I also adored the cold, analytical character of Lilith on Cheers. One of my favorite lines was when, after Niles had a one-night stand with her, he said, "I learned that if you kiss her too fast, you get an ice cream headache."

So, you can imagine how excited I am over this musical.

You can bet that I’ll be there soon after it opens. Now if I can just find someone to go with me.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, you really are excited about this, aren't you? I had no idea you were so into the Addams Family! :)

Maybe I'll go with you...we'll see...can we get free tickets somehow?? :)

 
At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Bro said...

Carolyn Jones was HOT.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Bro - Carolyn Jones really didn't do it for me.
I was more into Cousin Itt.

 
At 2:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta say, I was more of a Munster man. But despite the typecasting, Bebe was meant for this part, and I'm sure it will be a fantastic show.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Barb said...

If only I was closer ~ I'd be right there with you. What great casting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home