Tuesday, October 06, 2009

As the Whorl Turns

After you read this, you’re going to find yourself constantly looking at the back of men’s heads. Mark my words.

Here’s the deal . . .

Take notice of a guy’s crown and, if his hair is short, you’ll notice that there is a hair “whorl”.

Here is a hair whorl.

Well, apparently this sociologist discovered that a far majority of hair whorls go in a clockwise direction – 92% to be exact -- but only in heterosexual men. Only 8% of heterosexual men have a counter-clockwise hair whorl.

However, in homosexual men, 30% of their whorls go counter-clockwise. (29.8% to be exact) He studied hundreds of men, both gay and straight and discovered these statistics.

Click here for the article.

Here's an illustration for you:

This guy likes to play football.


This guy likes football players.

Since I read this, I’ve been noticing hair whorls and, occasionally, I’ll see a counter-clockwise one. Three gay men I know have counter-clockwise whorls. That’s pretty a pretty significant percentage, considering how I don’t have many friends. (One guy I know has two whorls; one clockwise and one counter-clockwise and he said it’s always been a pain to deal with.)

Oh, and mine is counter-clockwise, by the way.

Now that you've been imparted with this information, I shall unleash you upon the public to observe the whorls around you.
Have fun with that.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! Dude, this made me LAUGH!! :) I loved the descriptions above the pictures, and also your ending...hilarious! :)

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Awesome. I've been looking for a new hobby.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, I just wrote another blog--twice in two days! Is it possible? :) Well, you're inspiring me with your prolific-ness (if that's even a word *grin*).

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

How did I miss this post? I'm going to be looking at the tops of heads now. So do bisexual men have split whorls?

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Alice - Bisexual men have whorls that are neither clockwise or counterclockwise but all eventually end up counterclockwise.
:)

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Buck: LOL. BTW, my husband's is counterclockwise. He was very annoyed when I told him about this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home