Thursday, September 24, 2009

] ; ! ' , / : } - ( _ .. { " ' ?

Fear not the semicolon!

Embrace the brackets.

Ponder the period.

Yes, today is National Punctuation Day -- the day when we're encouraged to become more familiar with the rules of proper punctuation. We're also supposed to organize punctuation activities in our schools, libraries and offices.

I really wish that the officials in the National Punctuation Day headquarters would have given us at least a month's notice so I could have organized lots of punctuation activities at my workplace. My boss would have only been so pleased. . . .

If I had my National Punctuation Day wish, it would be that if kids didn't use proper puctuation when texting, their cell phones would automatically blow up.

OMG WHERE U AT

BOOOOM!!!!

In honor of National Puctuation Day, I give you this photo displaying what I call "The Apostrophe Nightmare." (It was probably made by someone who texts a lot.)


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:10 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Oh, Oh, Oh! I have the perfect video for this post...I Love You Period

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger f8hasit said...

That's just hysterical!
Love the sign.

Although why does a National Puctuation Day make me want to break the rules and write away the day in overuse of elipses?

:-)

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Oh you and texting. If I had my way we'd bring back diagramming sentences.

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I get both irritated and amused when I see signs like this. Apostrophe misuse should be a ticketable offense. :)

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Actual snippets from yesterday's police report in my hometown newspaper:

"Cross observed that the vehicle’s driver’s side window had been shot out and that the rear passenger’s was also shot out. The witnesses advised that three subject’s including Garfield, got into a red Monte Carlo and fled the area. Officers located and took into custody, Charles Andrews and Justin Lowe, after they had learned that Andrews and Lowe had fled the scene in a red Monte Carlo."

Arrggghhh!

Where is the Punctuation Police when you need them??? Strunk & White would be rolling in their graves.

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Punctuation scares me. I mean.... Punctuation scares me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home