Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sears Tower -- Gone


Oh my goodness, Chicagoans are NOT gonna like this.
At all.

London-based Willis Group Holdings announced today that they are consolidating five of their offices into the Sears Tower and will take over 140,000 square feet of the iconic building.

Are you ready for this? (Hang on). Since they will be the largest tenant of the building, they will be re-naming the Sears Tower to the Willis Tower.

. . . Ruh Roh. . .

Chicagoans will all be,
“What’chu talkin’ about, Willis!”

I’m really having a chuckle over this. I’ve already gone into my boss’s office, pointed at the Sears Tower and told her that it was soon going to be the Willis Tower.

The tallest building in North America will be the Willis Tower. Can you believe it?

Chicagoans are so attached to the names of their beloved places.
Comiskey Park
Marshall Field's

I hope someone else buys Wrigley Field and changes the name. Someone like Whole Foods Market.

“Hey, lets go see the Cubs at Whole Foods Field!”

Chicagoans would just have to move if that ever happened.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

John called and gave me this news before I read it here--PATHETIC. I will SO always call it the Sears Tower.

 
At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so wrong! Why do they have to mess with history?

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

I thought of you when I heard this on the tee-vee. It totally blows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home