Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Pet Peeve

I have a huge pet peeve and I may go completely mental on someone soon because of it.

Okay. In my apartment building, there are five elevators. Two of them service floors 20 to 40. Two of them service floors 41 to 61. Then there’s a service-type elevator that services 20 to 61. (Floors 2-19 are parking so the elevators don’t go there).

Since I live on the 49th floor, I use the elevator that serves 41 to 61 and one of those two elevators takes me there.

But inevitably, I’ll be waiting there after punching the appropriate button and some impatient snurd just can’t wait for that elevator and presses the button for the service elevator as well, thus summoning two elevators to retrieve their sorry ass.

I’ve even noticed people walk up and press both buttons, one right after the other.

Don’t they realize how much electricity this wastes? And what’s worse is when I’m on an elevator going down from 49 and it stops on 46, 45, 44, and no one is there to get on. (They summoned both elevators and got on the first one, thus causing MY elevator to stop where their sorry ass had been waiting).

There’s one woman on my floor who seems to leave for work the same time I do and she always does this.
Punch-punch, she goes, beckoning two elevators like they were chariots just for her use.

I just want to kick her.
Hard.

I know what I’m going to do the next time I encounter one of these inconsiderate dolts. . .

Let’s say they’re going up to the 54th floor. I’m going to get on the elevator with them and press one of the 49th floor and then say, “Oops, I meant the 46th floor” and then say, “No, I think it’s the 47th floor” thus making their impatient little selves wait while their elevator stops and starts between three extra floors.

I swear, I’m going to do it.

I “do” passive aggressive extremely well.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

be sure to turn you phone on "record" so we can hear the whole thing!

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Leah said...

"Snurd" is my new favorite word. :D

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Do it, do it, do it!

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Hilarious, dude! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home