Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sick of Banquet Chicken

I've been away at business conferences for five days now. If I see one more boneless, skinless, banquet-style chicken breast, I'm going to shriek.

I knew I'd be eating on the road this week and have banquet chicken shoved at me all week. At one of the banquets, we were given the option of having a vegetarian or vegan meal. So, I opted for the vegan meal, mainly for some variety and out of curiosity -- I wanted to see what they came up with.

I was pleasantly surprised. It was the normal side of steamed veggies, but the entree was a pretty decent vegetable curry over brown rice. Fresh fruit was the dessert instead of the ubiquitous cheesecake-cum-blueberry topping.

Other than that, I've had boneless, skinless chicken breasts coming out of my ears. I've attended a total of eleven presentations. If I'm presented with one more person to "network" with, I think I might throw a fresh fruit medley in their face.

I've got one more function here in Springfield on Friday afternoon and then I can go HOME.

My metaphorical ruby slippers are clicking together right now.

3 Comments:

At 4:05 AM , Blogger Breenlantern said...

i never figured you for a chicken hawk anyway

*giggle*

safe travels

 
At 5:18 AM , Blogger Speck said...

You look very smashing in metaphorical red pumps.

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*LOL* You make me laugh, dooder!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home