Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Okoge

Here’s an interesting tidbit for you. . . .

Have you ever cooked rice in a rice cooker and come across that brown, somewhat toasted rice at the bottom of the pot?

Well, in Korea, people love that crusty, toasted rice stuff. As a matter of fact, they’ve even got it as a flavor of ice cream.

But in Japan, it’s highly undesirable.
They don’t like it at all.
It’s called “okoge”.

Strangely enough, “okoge” is also the word for a woman who spends lots of time with gay men.

That would be like us engaging in the following dialog over the phone:

"I can't get this okoge out!"

"Use some Comet on it."

"On Miss Healthypants? I don't think that'll work."

"No! On your rice cooker, silly."

"I was referring to Miss Healthypants-okoge. Not rice-cooker-okoge. She won't leave!"

"Well, try some Comet anyway. . . "

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

baaaaahaaaahaa! you just made me spit my fag hag out of my mouth! you crack me up buck.

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

You're trying to get me to go away? That's not right!!!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home