Friday, July 04, 2008

Slammin' Some Hair

I have to admit to a quirky endeavor that Miss Healthypants and Iwanski and I engage in whenever we sometimes get together - - -MHP lets me "do" her hair.

First of all, I have absolutely no background in hair styling. However, I can do pretty well as long as three things are involved.

1) The hair is straight
2) The hair is medium length
3) The hair is attached to an attractive corpse who died in the 70's.

Other than that, I'm pretty good at styling some hair and making someone look decent.

As far as "styling" some hair, I can only do one style and it's basically the way I wanted my hair in the late 70's:

The Larry Wilcox from CHPS:
And here is my sad attempt when I was 19 years old:
And if you're a female, then I can do the Farrah Fawcett which is basically the Larry Wilcox only with lots more feathers and the addition of Aqua Net:

Okay, so Miss Healthypants and I get out the vent-brushes, Suave hair spray from Wal-Mart, and I go to town, slammin' some big hair.

I have to tell you that Miss Healthypants does have some awfully gorgeous, luxurious, blonde hair on her head. She does have that going on.

Here is a recent photo of Miss Healthypants and moi, last year on my balcony.Okay, there's the hair.

Now?
Just a few semi-painful strokes of my vent-brush and she's got feathering hair down the sides for days. . . If you are over forty, wouldn't you have KILLED for hair like this??

When you see her looking like this, can you really refrain from saying "Nancy Wilson?"




...And, I'm sorry, but look at that whispy front that sweeps back on both sides? Can you sit there and NOT say four words? A-DO-RA-BLE?

Okay, maybe you wouldn't have wanted your hair to look like this, but maybe you DID have it styled the same way twenty. . . okay, thirty years ago when you were toolin' around in that blue AMC Pacer or olive green Gremlin.

At any rate, it's nice to have friends who will let you re-create the hair from our youth.

And it's really good to have friends like Iwanski who've kept us from bringing out the scissors when it wouldn't have been prudent to do so.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

The Nancy Wilson comment totally resonated.

And once again, I want to go on record that I fully and heartily endorse Iwanski's no-scissors-rule.

How come you left out the part how hair wasn't all that was being slammed?

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Lorraine: I sent pics of the hair being slammed. Have fun with that.
I totally thought of you when making the Nancy Wilson reference.
I told MHP years ago that she had the Nancy thing going on. Thats what started the hair.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yay, the crazy hair blog is back! *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home