Friday, May 02, 2008

Jurassic Poop

Get this - - A piece of fossilized dinosaur dung that was 130 million years old fetched $950 bucks at an auction.

Hmmm. Someone, probably named Og, obviously didn’t scoop up after his dinosaur like he was supposed to. And now, someone is making out with a thousand bucks due to his negligence.

It’s amazing what we buy at auctions. For example, I don’t understand how someone can pay ten million dollars for a painting. A painting!

How could you possibly get ten million dollars worth of enjoyment out of a painting? Even if I looked at it for the rest of my life, continually, I couldn’t enjoy it that much.

Let’s say I live to be 80 years old. That’s 30 years. If I bought that painting and looked at it for the rest of my life (without sleeping), it would cost me 38 dollars and hour.

I wouldn’t pay 38 dollars for even one hour of looking at a painting. One can go to a fine museum for ten bucks and admire lots and lots and lots of paintings. For ten bucks!

But lookie here what I did get at an auction (eBay). These wonderful Atomic Retro Wine Glasses. Aren’t they deliciously hideous? I couldn’t pass them up.

I just love winning auctions on eBay. . . .

. . . . Actually, no one else bid on them. The seller is probably amazed that he could schlep this stuff.

But these are fun and only cost $15.95. I’ll get a lot more enjoyment out of these than any old painting. The comedic potential, alone, is off the charts.

I hope the buyer of the dino poop enjoys his purchase too.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM , Blogger Speck said...

The glasses are cool. Nice score.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I adore those glasses. You must not diss them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home