Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Little Bitty Home Town

Today, my aunt and I drove over to my Little Bitty Home Town where we were raised. Population - 1,700.

(My mom and aunt now live in the Little Bit Bigger Town about 30 miles away)
Here are some stores along the town square:
Here is the jeweler's store. When I was 13, I paid about eight bucks for a charm bracelet here for my little girl friend, Kathy. (I didn't know any better).
Here's the bank where I worked during my senior year of high school. Isn't it adorable?

And here is the courthouse in the town square. It's the only building in town that had an elevator, so as kids, we used to ride the elevator up and down on Saturday afternoons (until we were chased out). Needless to say, we were pretty bored.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of the buildings. I'm glad the owners have taken care of them and that the town has cared enough about preserving the architecture style.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home