Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Eating Plants is Bad

First, we were told that killing cows for meat was morally unethical. I can go along with that. I would find no great hardship in being a vegetarian.

Then, we learned of the horrid conditions under which dairy products and eggs were obtained.

Becoming a vegan? Hmmm. Okay.

But now, a group of Swiss experts say that we shouldn’t be killing plants either.

So, that leaves fruitarianism as the only option. Fruitarians are folks that obtain most of their food from fruits that fall from trees; not picked fruit, heaven forbid. (Picking fruit involves “taking” and that’s bad.)

I’m exaggerating about the Swiss group. They just say that decapitating flowers for our pleasure is unethical.

I tried going vegan for a good while and actually did okay with it. That is, until I came across the mixed grill at Trudy’s restaurant in Austin, Texas. It featured a char-grilled jalapeno sausage and all my principles went flying out the window.

Friday night before attending the movie premier, my boss and I ate at a Thai restaurant downtown. Their Spicy Crazy Noodles are wonderful, so I ordered that. (They contain chicken and shrimp).

Sunday night, I was lazy so I ordered Spicy Crazy Noodles from the very same restaurant and had it delivered. (They still contained chicken and shrimp)

Wednesday night, several of us are going to Lao Sze Chuan for dinner. They feature Beef in Szechuan Sauce that is to die for.

But you know, I could probably ask them to prepare the same dish with tofu and I’d enjoy it just as much. After all, the idea of eating sliced bovine cadavers is pretty disgusting when you really think about it.

Nah. . . .

That cow’s going down.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah. Gotta love the cow.

Hey, have some of that shrimp thing that I love at Lao for me, 'k?

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

We sometimes request two orders of it.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Mmmm...cow...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home