Saturday, April 12, 2008

At the Gym

Gym Update:

Yes, I actually went to the gym yesterday after joining up again.

First of all, I've gotta get me some updated gym clothes. Crunch Fitness is a pretty snazzy place and I looked like such a major dork in my blue shorts and purple shirt.

Actually, I'm not sure if they're really shorts or swim trunks.

Whatever. I did 30 minutes of cardio at a pretty good clip. I like the reclining bicycle thingy because (1) the treadmill hurts my shins (2) I get to surf the net while I work out and most importantly (3) I get to sit down.

In order to get the thing to turn on, I had to enter my age (49) height (6'2") weight (225) and sex (Male, last I checked). I picked the level of difficulty and it set the timer according to my stats.

The stupid thing said I could only pedal for 16 minutes.

I'm not THAT out of shape! Silly machine.

I easily did 30 minutes. Bah!

Now, what's with this music they play in the gym? It was either Rap (which is not music) or it was Madonna.

I might suggest to the nice Crunch people that they feature a Vivaldi or Bach harpsichord night. That might provoke me to the gym. (See? . . . Dork)

Hell, I'd even settle for a 70's Disco night. A Led Zeppelin night (just the first four albums, thank you) or a Janis Joplin night would totally rock.

I still need to check out the Peek-a-Boo showers that are featured in each Crunch Fitness. Those are showers where one can lather and sihouette one's naked self behind lighted opaque glass for all to see. It's a signature feature of Crunch; sort of naughty.

However, the Peek-a-Boos are downstairs where the big weights are; where the big, roided-out body builders huff and puff and scream at the weights.

I don't go down there. Especially in my dorky blue swim trunk-shorts and purple shirt.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Good for you, dooder! I went out last night with my coworkers and got blitzed, and then slept in this morning and took a nap this afternoon.

I'm healthy.

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger sfoofie said...

again with the dooder!!!

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

The Neighbor and I have been doing this in-home walking thing for a week now.

We won't be showering semi-naked in front of anyone for a while.

Dooder, dooder, dooder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home