Monday, April 28, 2008

Can You Believe This?

This post comes under the "Can You Believe This" category.


It seems this inmate who’s awaiting trial for the beating death of an Arkansas man is suing the county because they don’t feed him enough.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was incarcerated eight months ago. He’s now suing the county because he’s always hungry. He’s lost over one hundred pounds during the past eight months due to the jail’s 3,000 calorie-a-day meal plan.

"About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again,” Laswell wrote in his complaint.

Hmmm. . . .

My opinion?

I know he’s innocent until proven guilty. However, since our taxes are paying for his incarceration AND his meals, I think he should be charged for the cost equivalent of a hundred-pound loss with Jenny Craig.


Can you believe the audacity of some people???

Speaking of weight loss. . .

I’ve faithfully been going to Crunch Fitness & Torture Center every day for the past three weeks. Sometimes, I even go twice a day, doing cardio in the morning before work and weights in the evenings.

I’ve cut way back on carbies and pack away the veggies and fruits. What helps a lot is to have a thermos of protein glop with me that I make in the morning from frozen bananas, soy milk and protein powder. Trader Joe’s makes these nifty little frozen dinners like chicken Vindaloo, Pad-Thai with tofu, and Massamam chicken – all for $2.29 each.

So, I was very happy to put on my belt this morning and have to notch it up another notch. What made me even happier was that there were no more notches!
Moi has to stop by Macy’s and purchase a new belt on the way home today.

I still hate going to the gym. I hate it with a passion, but I like the results.
It’s been hard work. . .

. . . And then this four-hundred pound snurd has the audacity to sue the county because he’s hungry.

If found guilty, I think he should be given nothing to eat but durian fruit and anchovies.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3,000 calories a day & he's still hungry? poor baby....... LOL

That's about what I consume in 2 days.

Congratulations on all your hard work! What's the new belt look like?

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

SNURD!!! ...oh, buck, I am sooo stealing this word. it is still making me giggle.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dooder, I am so jealous! You are motivating me to do better and lose some poundage. Thanks. :)

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Sfoofie: Doncha love that word? It's SO Dr. Seuss.

Seachange: Belt hasn't been bought yet. I worked out instead!

MHP: Stop it, you're gorgeous. I love you just the way you are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home