Touching a Sloth
Here’s an article about a guy who quit his job so that he could complete a list of 50 quirky tasks. Some of them include riding the fastest roller coaster in America and touching a sloth (both of which I have done, by the way). Other things include milking a cow on an Amish farm and going to Fenway park. (I’ve not done those).
That got me to thinking. What would be some quirky tasks I’d like to accomplish? I’m not going to come up with 50 of them because, hello, I’ve the motivation of a sloth. (which I’ve touched, remember?).
Also, this guy is 27 and I’m 49. I’ve already checked off a lot of quirky tasks in my lifetime.
Like touching a sloth.
By the way, did you know that a sloth’s fur goes backwards? It does. I've seen it firsthand, remember? It’s all pointed towards its head. That’s so the rain will run off of them as they hang upside-down in trees (when they’re not being eaten by tigers, that is).
So, here are 20 quirky tasks I’d like to accomplish.
1. Visit Iceland
2. Eat a balut egg (that’s the boiled duck egg in which the duckling has grown halfway)
3. Travel to Hoople, North Dakota
4. Try my hand at stand-up comedy
5. Paint the trim in my apartment
6. Make pomegranate molasses
7. Try absinthe
8. Live my whole life without ever visiting California (so far, so good)
9. Meet Hillary Clinton
10. See a UFO
11. Hold a yellow Lab puppy
12. Sing “I Think I Love You” at a karaoke bar (which just happens to be one of the greatest songs of all time).
13. Touch a sloth (Oh, wait. I’ve done that)
Okay, I’m bored with this.
See? No motivation.