Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Man on the Street

Every morning on my way to work, I pass by this man who is on the same corner every day.

He is there every day, without fail, right there in the same spot on southwest corner of Wabash and Wacker.

I don’t know if he’s homeless or not because he’s not really asking for money. There’s no cup into which we can put our change. He just mumbles a “hello” or “good morning” to everyone passing by. However, he always averts his eyes, never meeting yours.

It is so odd, because not a day goes by that he’s not there. He’s probably got a better attendance record than any employee in the city. Any employer would love to have an employee like that. He’s recently injured his foot and is on crutches, but that doesn’t alter his daily routine.

He was there this morning, of course. After I passed by and crossed the street, I snapped this photo of him using my zoom lens. I’m sure Iwanski has seen him as well.

Tomorrow, I think I’ll stop and ask him what his deal is. Perhaps I’ll find out his name so I can say, “Good morning, xxxx” every day.

My guess, is that he is, in fact, homeless and has some type of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’ll have to consult with Iwanski about this as I’m sure he knows something.

I’ll get back to you with further details. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home