Monday, February 18, 2008

Poor Moo-Cows

Did you read where 183 millions pounds of ground beef was recalled?

That’s a lot of ground up moo-cows.

And then, there were videos of poor, sick, moo-cows being dragged around by chains and shoved around by forklifts.

This goes on every day at slaughterhouses but nary a protest is ever made. If this were being done to cute little kitties or puppies, they’d be arrested on the spot for animal cruelty.

Just ask Michael Vick.

I don’t understand the inconsistency of laws like this.

I’m not a vegetarian but I easily could be. I’m just lazy. Shoving a frozen pepperoni pizza in the oven is a lot easier than preparing a healthy, vegetarian dinner from scratch and I don’t like green peppers on pizza.

I guess, you could say that, politically, I’m a vegetarian, but not actually.

Yet, the poor moo-cows . . .

I’m going home to make a big pot of parsnip soup for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home