Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Flights for ten dollars? You bet!

Have you heard about the new discount airline called Skybus? It’s a super-discount airline that sells ten seats on every flight for ten bucks.

I just checked it out. I wanted to fly from Chicago to Toronto. And, yes, I found a seat for ten dollars.

Here’s the catch: The reason they can sell tickets so cheap is that they fly out of these out-of-the-way airports. For example, my flight from Chicago did not leave from O’Hare,
or Midway,

but from Gary, Indiana.

Now, how the hell am I going to get to the little airport Gary Indiana? (Take the commuter train, then hope to find a taxi to go to the airport is the answer).

Here’s another catch. The only destination out of Gary is to Greensboro, North Carolina.

That’s it.

From there, I’d have to take a connection to their hub in Columbus, Ohio. Then from there, I’d have to take another flight to Toronto.

Here’s another catch. It doesn’t actually fly to Toronto, but to Niagra, Ontario. Again, one would have to take a taxi to the commuter train that goes to Toronto.

Whew!

It’s definitely “no frills.” My guess is that the passengers have to take turns flying the damn plane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home