Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Obama Country

I'm in Springfield for a couple of days. (Again).

Whenever I come here, I'm always tied up with business-related matters and have yet to visit the Abraham Lincoln museum and and Mary Todd Lincoln exhibit.

And, again, this time I have to scoot back to Chicago as soon as our meetings are finished.
Am I ever going to have the opportunity to pay tribute to one of my favorite insane, tragic women?

Question: Why can't all hotels place CNN on the same channel? In every hotel I stay in, I have to hunt for CNN. Why can't all hotels place it, say, on channel 10?

Anyway, I'm watching the primary results. I have to say this -- I'm no longer on board for Obama.

Clinton has busted her butt for the past 30 years and yet, this white guy comes along and steals the show.

Yes, I'm referring to Obama as a white guy. I'm tired of him being referred to as African American when he's just as much a white guy.

It's time we have someone besides a white guy in the White House.

There. I said it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I'm not sure if I'm right or not, but I am inferring from your blog that your decision will be based on race and gender, and you somehwat subscribe to the notion that Hillary is more entitled to the presidency than other leaders.

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

I'm actually laughing this one all the way through..... It's more than one way to stir up a pot. What happened to parsnip soup? Did you know I had parsnips for the first time in my life this past winter?

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Iwanski: Yes, I'm basing my decision on race and gender. Actually, I'd prefer a candidate who's African American, female, lesbian, vegan, transgendered, and disabled. . .
. . . I have a dream.

Actually, I believe Hillary is more entitled because of her experience.

Sfoofie: It was too cold to obtain parsnips. But aren't they wonderful?

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I like parsnips.

You're wrong. But I love you anyway.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Experience, scherience. I want a leader I can admire, be proud of, get inspired from and look up to. Hillary might have those qualities, but my gut tells me Obama is a sure thing.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Jason Boskey said...

Identity politics.

Umm... WHAT EXPERIENCE.

Please, all you Clintonites, what is this experience of which you speak?

I hate George Will, but let's look at some "experienced" presidents:

Richard Nixon
George HW Bush
Lyndon Johnson
James Buchanon

Now, how about some inexperienced presidents:

Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Dwight D. Eisenhower

So, aside from this illegitimate claim of experience (BTW, 30 years? So she's been working in government since 3 years out from Yale Law? Does that include time on the Wal-mart board? Does being first lady count? Perhaps we should vote for Nancy Reagan if it does!) experience is no predictor of success as a president.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home