Monday, January 21, 2008

Busy Weekend

I don’t have an account at Costco, but Portia’s daddies do. For babysitting Portia last week (I PROMISE this is the last post about that), they brought lots of goodies from Costco that I like.

I’m eating high on the hog.

Here’s the booty:

Two ten-pound bags of mixed veggies. These aren't your run-of-the-mill carrot-pea-lima-bean mixture, but a snooty mix of sugar snap peas, broccoli, red peppers, and some weird mushroom I can’t identify.

Two ten-pound bags of frozen fresh fruit. It’s got peaches, white peaches, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries. I nuke a bowlful to soften it up and give it a drizzle of honey. I think I ate five pounds over the weekend.

Medjool dates. A big container of the really big dates. Love ‘em.

One ten-pound bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I just chuck three of them in the crock pot, pour over a jar of Trader Joe’s Korma Sauce, and the next day I’ve got several great dinners on hand.

Heinz Mustard. You can’t buy Heinz mustard in the regular grocery store. It’s only sold commercially to restaurants like IHOP and Denny’s. I love the stuff. They gave me a big Costco-sized container of it.

Oh, and speaking of this past weekend, it was bitterly cold outside so I stayed inside on Sunday and did nothing but watch Lifetime movies back-to-back.

I’m sorry! But I really like Lifetime movies. I’ll admit it.

In one movie, there was one messed-up young woman who got a crush on this guy that attended AA meetings. So, she attended one even though she wasn’t an alcoholic and really “connected” with everyone there.

You can guess the rest of the story. . .

She and the guy fell in love.
He found liquor in her house.
She told him she wasn’t an alcoholic.
He broke up with her because he thought she was ‘in denial.’
She finally ‘comes out’ to the other AA members and they warmly embrace her.
Everyone lives happily ever after.

I hated the ending and wanted to impale the TV with a shoe. The AA members should have thrown her out.

The next Lifetime movie was even worse.
I loved it.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I love Costco. But you knew that. I gotta find that bag o' mixed fruit. Yum.

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Good god.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home