Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A "ta-daahh" moment

Well, dear puppies, I’m going to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back here for a little bit.

First, I have to give many, many thanks to Lorraine for letting me know of a writing opportunity for a monthly magazine here in Chicago.

They were seeking writers to write about unique, Chicago-y things. I submitted an article, they liked my stuff and my first article is going to be published in the January issue. And I get a hundred bucks.

I am feeling SO "Carrie Bradshaw" at the moment.

My article was the “inside scoop” on living in Marina City, the apartment building where I live.

I also have to give credit to JP for coming up with the hilarious term “The Balcony of Terror” because I used it without asking him first. I hope he doesn’t sue me.

Okay, I have to go to a photo shoot now.
They’re putting my picture on the side of a CTA bus.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Honey, I am so damn proud of you I could bust. Seriously.

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, let's meet for Cosmopolitans at 8. Charlotte will be meeting us later.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Mr. Big just called on my cell phone. He's canceling. Again.
When will I ever learn?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home