Saturday, March 17, 2007

More Doggie Tales

Portia and I are getting along famously. I cannot imagine a sweeter animal on this Earth than her. Last night as I was watching TV in bed, she snuggled up against me so that she could get as much of her body touching as much of my body as possible.

Today, we drove around running errands. Steve has a bumper sticker that says, "My Labrador Retriever is smarter than your honor student."

I like that.

Then we went to the lakeside where there's a nice jogging/bicycle path. I leashed her up, bundled myself up because it was windy and snowing, and carried along the ubiquitous poop-bag, etc. The moment we stepped onto the jogging path, this hard-core, jogging, maniacal, Earth-mother type woman shouted at me, "Watch your dog!"

I wanted to reply, "Shave your arm pits!"

Well, that was enough outdoor activity for me. So I packed up the dog, the leash, the coat and gloves. Portia was thoroughly confused because her daddy usually takes her for five-mile runs along the lake. I put on my best Cartman voice with, "Screw this. I'm going home."

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dooder, you're too funny!! :)

Glad you enjoyed your weekend with Portia!! :)

Love,

Poodle :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home