Saturday, March 24, 2007

"Home-style!"

Many many years ago, I was employed in the restaurant industry in Texas as an assistant manager of a restaurant chain. It was really hard work, but I learned a lot. Mainly, I learned that I never want to work, even remotely, in the food industry.

Anyway, the manager of the place was this real jerk named Joe. He was really a tyrant and would often lose his temper at the employees. (Never at me, though).

We had this cashier named Cindy Lou who had worked there for many years. She was kind of a salty country girl who really didn't put up with a lot of B.S.

I liked Cindy Lou. A lot. We were buds.

One day, she was helping out at the dessert counter which was near her cashier station. Joe got upset and asked what she was doing up there and she calmly explained that the dessert girl needed some help.

All of a sudden, Joe yelled, "What I need is for you to STAY at your station, Cindy Lou!!!"

She passed me as she was walking back to her station. As she passed me, she said in her strong Texan twang, "What that man needs is a good night of some get-down, home-style p**sy!!"

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Cindy Lou did too. After that, whenever I'd walk by Cindy Lou, we'd high-five each other and yell, "Home-style!!" It became our thing.

I told a friend of mine about that and she loved that story. That was over twenty years ago and my friend and I still laugh about Joe and him needing some "home-style."

I'll bet Cindy Lou is still there, keeping the management in line.




1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I like it when you tell little stories like this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home