Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mouse Sauce

There's this little, dumpy place just a few doors down from my workplace that has fantastic fried chicken and catfish. Now, I'm not too big on fried chicken because a) I have a wierd "thing" about not eating anything with my fingers (yes, this includes pizza, hamburgers, and even popcorn) and b) I'm sort of a closeted vegetarian so I don't like anything too "animal-y" to eat. I do love their fried catfish, though. The first time I ordered it, the cashier quickly responded, "You want mouse sauce with that?"
"Pardon?"
"You want mouse sauce with that?"
"Mouth sauce?"
"Yeh, mouse sauce"
"Ummm. What is 'mouse sauce'?"
"M-I-L-D! Mouse sauce!"
"Ooohh! Mild sauce. No, I'd like hot sauce, please."

Now that I know how to order it, I've been going there a little too frequently. And that isn't exactly conducive to a healthy waist line. I love fried fish mainly because it's a great conduit and vehicle for tarter sauce and ketchup.
And mouse sauce, apparently.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Ok. Yum.

 
At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...mouse sauce....

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I'm on a diet of fruit, vegetabels and kashi, and you're writing about fried fish. Delicious, scrumptious catfish.

I will now go and jump off my balcony.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home