Wednesday, June 01, 2011

You Just Never Know . . .

My morning got off to a rough start. I had trouble sleeping the night before which caused be to wake up groggy and grouchy. My hair looked like a sea creature striking a defensive posture.

I ambled into work and trudged into the break room with my coffee cup only to find that someone had drunk the last of the coffee and didn’t bother to make anymore. That meant that I had to make a pot of coffee!

Oh, the humanity!


I initiated the launch sequence of the coffee maker, left my coffee mug on the counter by the machine and returned to my office to check my emails. When I returned for my fresh cup of coffee, my coffee mug was gone! It was my favoritest mug. (It was big and had a pretty blue interior.) I had paid ten dollars for it at Starbucks and someone had taken it!

I was really upset. There are about three dozen bastard mugs in the cupboard, but someone wanted mine and took it. I had to use one of the smaller, non-blue coffee mugs.

Grrrr!

I started to email an all-points bulletin labeled “High Importance” to “All Staff” about my mug, but restrained myself.

Later in the day, I went back to make my daily mug of jasmine green tea and noticed that someone had left the dishwasher open. (The nerve of these people!)

As I went to slam it shut, there was my mug in the dishwasher – placed right where a dirty mug left on a countertop should have been placed.

I’m sure whoever took the time to place it there did so, begrudgingly, thinking that one of their co-workers was an inconsiderate slob.

It just goes to show – prejudging a situation is seldom accurate or productive.

Anyway, I’ve got my beloved coffee mug back.  Life can continue.


3 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger Bob said...

Sometimes a mug is just a mug, and sometimes it's the start of a war.
Thankfully this all ended peacefully.

 
At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, you are hilarious. I'm just saying. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home