Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Hospital

As many of you know by now, my dear friends, Iwanski, and his wife, Miss Healthypants, have been going through a very challenging time these past few days. I'll shortcut it: Iwanski had quadruple bypass surgery on Christmas Eve. It was quite a surprise.

Miss Healthypants has been a real trouper through it all. They're both very lucky in that Iwanski has a terrific family nearby (his older sister is an R.N. and can interpret all the medical hoo-ha.)

Iwanski has done great and came through with flying colors. Needless to say, a number of lifestyle changes will need to take place. For one thing, my Julia Child habits will need to be adjusted. I usually make one of her super-rich recipes that feed six, eat one serving and give the rest to Iwanski and Miss Healthypants. 

That'll need to stop. No more Fondue de Poulet à La Crème. (chicken simmered in three cups of cream, thickened with egg yolks.) That'll have to go. However, I am looking forward to coming up with lots of heart-healthy, tasty recipes for them in the meantime. 

On the lighter side, I was watching some recorded episodes of Judge Judy tonight. I'll admit, it's one of my favorite programs -- there's just nothing quite so satisfying as seeing immoral, stupid people being held accountable. (There's so little of that in the world these days.)

Anyway, there was this one defendant on there and he reminded me of someone but, for the life of me, I couldn't think who!

I backed up the Tivo to look at him. 
Who was this???
I snapped a photo of the TV screen so you could see him:


Now, who does he remind you of?

Finally! It hit me!

He looked just like Randy Marshall from Southpark!


It was nice to have such a good laugh after all this hospital environment over the past few days. 
Also, I knew Iwanski would appreciate this.



3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Blogger Bob said...

I saw that guy on Judy and wondered who he looked like!
Thanks for showing me.

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Thank you for the update. Hang in there and be sure to share those new creations (I hear evaporated milk works in place of heavy cream!)

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Ha! That's too funny, Dooder. :)

YOU have been a real trooper and have been such a help and force of stability through this all...I can't even imagine how I could have gotten through all this without you. A better friend I could not have, that is for sure.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...I can't say it enough. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home