Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hooking Up

Back when I was a young pup in Texas during the eighties and wanting to hook up with a Life-Mate or whatever, we penciled-in computer forms and sent in forty dollars like civilized people. We dated, joined each others' churches and raised money for Dallas PBS.
Those were the days.
(Twenty years later, I'm still friends with four of those match-ups.)

It was great. Before we met, we knew what degrees each other held, what we sounded like on the phone, and whether we'd been raised Southern Baptist. By the time we actually met, we could have ordered each others' drinks.

Back then, we had standards:

"Gin and tonic, right?"
"Yes, with a lime, thank you."

Nowadays, being single, I decided to "get with it" and  hopped "on line".
I put a tentative toe into the "cyber single-pond" to see what would nibble.

I decided to "chat". 
Here's my hook:

I'm 6'3"
218 lbs
51 years old (I could pass for 38, okay?)
Clean cut guy

**Entered the Chicago Chat Room:**

squeek-squeek-squeek-squeek. . . .
squeek-squeek-squeek-squeek. . . . 
Bloink!!

Are you ready for this?

Here's what I got: It's too funny NOT to share:

(I'm not making this up - - I had to "screen-capture" this for you. . . .

I'm "ME"




















So, that's my experience with on-line hook-ups.

I stopped after that.

Being single is really much too fun . . .

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud. I'm not even sure why.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Thanks, JP. I thought you might appreciate that. . .

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! :) Too funny, Dooder. :)

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Mom said...

How stupid!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home