Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Pineapple Cometh

Weather forecasters are saying that the nasty "Pineapple Express" might wreak havoc on Chicago. On Christmas Day. Which is the day I plan to fly out of Chicago. Hopefully.

It's drifting east from Los Angeles and if it drifts just a wee bit too far north, Chicago will be inundated with snow all day on Christmas. Eeek.

Normally, I get excited over snow, but I've been snowed in at O'Hare for nine hours at a time. The boredom and frustration is excruciating. I don't want that to happen.

See the big, angry blue blob with talons reaching west? That's the Pineapple Express. 

Of course, even if Chicago isn't snowed in, the airplane that will be scheduled to fly me to Texas will probably be snowed in -- in Omaha or something -- and I'll have to wait nine hours for it to get here. 

Been there.

Done that.

If a Christmas Miracle occurs and I'm able to implane on time, the gate attendants at O'Hare will see me doing the Snoopy Dance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home