Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ice

The skating rink at Millennium Park opens in just two days.
I'm excited.



The ice rink is just across the street from my workplace so I keep a pair of hockey skates in my office. (I'm a disaster on figure skates but for some strange reason, I can be a little ice-bat on hockey skates. It's not very pretty or graceful, but I enjoy it.) With skates in my office, I can buzz out there right after work or also during my lunch break when I feel the need.

Each year, I keep a special "skate" playlist of music on my iPod. Usually, it's a combination of slow, languid music alternating with hard, fast rock; An oboe adagio followed by Heart's Barracuda.

This year, it's simply Handel's Messiah and Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

What more would anyone need?

I love Winter . . .

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Boo hoo! I don't love winter, as you know. But I'm excited for you that the ice rink is coming back! *smiles*

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

I envy people who can skate. It looks so fun. Given that I just badly strained a muscle playing chase, I don't think I'll be up for learning any time soon.

I love winter. One of my favorite New York memories is walking past the sidewalk Christmas tree vendors, Mmmmmm, followed by the carts of sugared almonds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home