Thursday, July 01, 2010

The BGP

Don’t you love those nicknames for things that only you and a close friend share?


There’s a Thai restaurant across the street from me that Miss Healthypants and I have been eating at for years. It’s not particularly outstanding, but it’s close and inexpensive – perfect for those evenings when we just want to meet for a little sump’n to eat.
Here’s a photo of the inside:

It seemed that when we first started going there, some of the menu items I ordered came in the same type of brown sauce. Since I cannot remember the names of Asian restaurants, I began referring to this restaurant as “The Brown Gravy Place.”

The name stuck.

Now, years later, several of our friends know of “The Brown Gravy Place.” (Note: Not everything there comes in the brown sauce. I was just exaggerating.)

Lately, we’ve shortened it, especially when making email arrangements to eat there. The Brown Gravy Place is now the BGP.

Isn’t it great to have friends this close? Nicknames are assigned, used for years, and shortened. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have “BGP friends” like I do.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I love the BGP! *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home