Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Staff-a-Raffle-Table

I was scheduled to meet Miss Healthypants and our friend, Liane, for dinner after work on Thursday. However, I forgot that my employer was having a fund-raising event that evening.

Usually at these events, I’m not assigned to do anything except to “network” with businesses. But this time, I looked at the staff assignments and noticed I was assigned to the raffle table. (Hey, anything’s better than “networking”.)

So, I left the following voice mail for MHP:

“Hey, we might have to change our plans a bit because on Thursday night, I’ve been assigned to staff a raffle table. (giggle) Hey, that’s fun to say. Staff a raffle table. Staff-a-raffle-table, (giggle) staff-a-raffle-table.”

So, when MHP called back, we tried to make arrangements for dinner.

“Don’t you have choir practice on Thursday night?” she asked.

“Usually I do, but it got changed to Wednesday this week.”

“So, let’s have dinner on Thursday.”

“No, that’s when I have to staff-a-raffle-table.”

“Staff-a-raffle-table?”

“Yeah, staff-a-raffle-table.” (giggles)

She’s laughing. “Dude, I am not going to be able to get ‘staff-a-raffle-table’ out of my head!”

“Staff-a-raffle-table. Staff-a-raffle-table.”

She’s now doing her breathless, squeaky laugh.

“Staff-a-raffle-table, staff-a-raffle-table.”

Don't you just love having friends like that? Where a silly phrase can become the whole topic of conversation?

Anyway, I’m only assigned to staff-a-raffle-table until 6 pm. Then I’ll head over in a cab to meet MHP and Liane at the nearby French Market for dinner.

That is, after I staff-a-raffle-table.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Aww, love you, Dooder! :)

And I didn't know that I had a "breathless, squeaky laugh"! *smiles*

I hope you enjoy it when you have to staff-a-raffle-table! :)

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Barb said...

I'm so envious of your friendship. You both seem like so much fun. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through these blogs till I can get to Chicago in person!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home