Tuesday, March 02, 2010

This-n-That

I’ve been crazy-busy with work and music lately, so those of you who read my blog may have noticed that it’s waned lately.

I’m still crazy-bizzy, so here are a few random happenings . . . .

After work yesterday, I actually went to Mass at the Cathedral downtown. The Roman Catholic one. After all, I’m still technically a Catholic, it’s Lent and all that.

I got there early and they were conducting Vespers. The little old lady came around and asked each of us if we’d like to participate, and handed each of us a breviary (prayer book) just like the ones we used in the monastery.

It was like riding a bicycle.

They were conducting a Rosary after the Mass, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I had one of my favorite quickie dinners last night: Mix together a puddle of mayo and mustard on a plate, tump out a can of sardines, some sweet pickles, some sliced tomatoes and a few baby carrots. I always feel triumphant when I can get the mustard-mayo to come out even with the rest of the stuff. I’m pretty good at it.

The parking attendant in my building let a delivery van park in my Zip Car spot. It was not pretty.

Winter is coming to a close. So sad. I love Winter. The air is losing its bite. The snow is melting and dirty. I actually heard a damn bird tweeting outside. I hate that.

Miss Healthypants and Iwanski gave me a big surprise for my birthday: My very own copy of Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

They are so going to get beouf bourguignon delivered. Dear, sweet people. . . .

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*smiles* I'm really so glad that you like the book! :)

Love you, Dooder! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home