Thursday, December 25, 2008

While Connecting in Houston. . .

I just arrived in Houston and am awaiting my connection.

I did have quite a culinary treat here at the airport in Houston. Right as I walked into the terminal, there was one of my favorite restaurants down here, Pappadeaux. It serves Cajun seafood fare that is really outstanding.

I had three hours before my connection, so I thought, “When in Texas, do as the Texans.”

I was surprised to find that this Pappadeaux featured a seafood buffet for lunch. Cool! I had blackened catfish, shrimp etouffè, spicy boiled shrimp, fried catfish and shrimp gumbo.
Oink!

But you may know by now that I love oysters on the half shell so I had the waiter bring me a half dozen of those too.

Hey, I was all alone in an airport on Christmas day. So I treated myself to a pretty fantastic Christmas dinner down on the Texas Gulf Coast.

In a couple of hours I’ll board the little bitty airplane on Aero Guacamolè that will take me to my little bitty home town southwest of Houston.

I’m not too particularly fond of that little plane, but the airport in my home town is only a couple of miles from my mom’s house. The convenience factor trumps the scariness factor.
Most of the time.

3 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

OMG... can I share?

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

somehow the idea of oysters at the airport is a little unsettling.... but bon apetit anyway. (the other stuff sounded awesome)

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Seafood buffet...mmmmmm....

Hey, John and I got a gift certificate to the "Raw Oyster Place" (Heaven on Seven) and went there today. We tried the "Roasted Oysters" appetizer----and I LOVED it! Yum! Finally, oysters that I like! *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home