Thursday, August 21, 2008

Synesthesia

When you envision letters of the alphabet, does each letter have a specific color? If you do, that’s called synesthesia, or “the evocation of one kind of sense impression when another sense is stimulated.”

Other kinds of synesthesia include the association of sounds with sights or even a taste with certain words.

I’ve associated colors with numbers and letters for as long as I can remember. Last night, I finally wrote out the alphabet and used the colors that I’ve long associated with each letter.

(The letters ‘E’ and ‘I’ are white)
It's strange that no letters are green.
I don't know why.

It felt so good to finally see the letters in the colors that belong to them!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

That still weird, but they look pretty like that!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Is that the alphabet in the key of D# minor???? I thought so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home