Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Won!

I’m doing a happy dance.

I’m into collecting “retro” telephones and I saw this little jewel on eBay three days ago. It’s a Trimline desk phone with a rotary dial in dark blue.
I didn’t even know they made Trimline rotary desk phones in dark blue. Touch-tone phones, yes. But not rotary phones. It’s a rarity. I wanted this phone! It was going for something like twelve dollars, so I placed a bid.

For a day or so, I was the highest bidder. As a matter of fact, I was the only bidder.

Then someone bid twenty-one dollars on it. There were two days left in the auction.

I didn’t want this other bidder to even know I was still around, so I waited in the bushes. I didn't want to alert this bidder that I was even around, so I didn't place another bid. Then, at the last minute I pounced!

I’m sure there are lots of folks much more savvy than I on eBay. I haven’t set up the automatic text-thing that will alert me when someone has placed a higher bid. As a matter of fact, I hardly even know how to text on my phone. (A stupid concept if you ask me - - if you want to tell me something, CALL ME and leave a voice mail).

So, I got the phone. Apparently, the other bidder was just as technologically challenged as I.

You know what? I felt guilty! What if this other bidder had been a nice old lady who barely knew how to use the interwebs? Now, she’s going to look and see that her attempt to obtain this phone had been foiled.

I hope the other bidder was come cocky kid who was busy text messaging his friends and failed to see that he had been out-bid.

At any rate, I can add this little treasure to my collection. I plan on putting it on my coffee table which is made of blond wood. It’ll be very happy there.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

You are too funny, dooder! I never knew someone to get so excited about a rotary phone! *grin*

 
At 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that we had a phone like that one! But it was yellow. Good for you Murphy's dad.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Congrats. It's fab.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home