Friday, July 11, 2008

A Weekend with Portia

I’m doggy-sitting this weekend.

Portia’s daddies are going to Las Vegas for the weekend to see Bette Midler along with our friends Karen and Richard (whose last name is not Carpenter unlike my friends, Dan and Karen whose last name is Carpenter).

I’ll be going to Las Vegas later in the year to see Bette Midler with a friend of mine whose name is neither Karen or Carpenter.

Anyway, Portia and I shall have a grand time together. She will watch me play Speed Scrabble with myself. Unlike Lorraine, Portia lets me cheat.

She now has to have arthritis/pain medicine squirted down the throat each morning, so I’ll get to do the open-the-dog’s-mouth thing. At least it’s not in suppository form.

Since she’s now on pain medication, her nightly Miller Lite has been done away with. Even with dogs, one shouldn’t mix narcotics with alcohol.

So, now she gets a baked sweet potato at night. One night, they put her bowl of beer next to a bowl containing a baked sweet potato and she preferred the sweet potato.

On Saturday, I have my first session of private instruction on the super-duper music production software, so Portia will be alone for a few hours. She always knows when I’m about to leave and gets the saddest look on her face.

It’s heart-wrenching and ever-so dramatic. I guess it’s nice to have someone be that sad that you’re about to leave. We should all be so lucky.

Anyway, here’s my favorite photo of dear Portia. We were at a Thai restaurant called the Blue Elephant that has outdoor seating. She loves going to the Blue Elephant.

Isn’t it obvious?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Aww, she's such a sweetie! :)

Have fun dog-sitting!! :)

 
At 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!

 
At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a bumper snicker that said "try to be the person your dog thinks you are". Pretty good advice, I think.

Enjoy Dogsitting! Max and Chester send their best.

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I gotta have a little chat with Portia...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home