Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting Lao'd

Our little group hadn’t been to our favorite restaurant, Lao Sze Chuan, in quite some time. That situation was remedied last night. Of course, we had a great time. Lots of laughter and lots of good food should be had in abundance and frequently as possible.

Here’s the rundown on the food that the five of us ate: (I forgot to take pictures!)

Crab Rangoon (Photo not included)

Pot stickers (Photo not included)

Tea-Smoked Szechuan Duck (Photo not included)

Kung Pao Scallops (Photo not included)

Sole Fish Fillet with Black Bean Sauce (Photo not included)

Mayonnaise Shrimp (Photo not included)

Eggplant in Garlic Sauce (Photo not included)

Pea Pod Leafs with Garlic (Photo not included)

Trust me, it was a gorgeous feast.

During the day, I had been out in the suburbs in my Zip Car most of the day on work-related hoo-ha. I still had the Zip Car so I offered to drop the guests by their respective train stations, subway stations and home for Miss Healthypants.

I took two of our friends to the train station then proceeded to take Liane to her subway station.

I’ve entered this subway station hundreds of times, but this time I was in a car and absolutely couldn’t find it. Miss Healthypants and Liane were both hollering, “There it is! Stop! You passed it! Stop!”

And I was all, “Where? I don’t know where it is! I don’t see it! Where?”

Finally, I wedged the Zip Car behind an EL trestle, partially out of traffic. I’ve never heard MHP laugh so hard. You know that kind of laughter were you don’t make much sound because you can’t catch your breath? That’s what she was doing in the back seat.

Meanwhile, Liane needed to hop out of the passenger seat, but I was only partially out of the traffic. I saw that none was coming behind us and yelled at her, “Okay, NOW! You better get out NOW!” which made MHP only gasp and laugh harder.

Liane scurried into the subway station and I rounded the corner to MHP’s building, who by this time, was just a puddle of giggles.

And I might add that not a drop of alcohol was involved. We’re just that silly.

I want to go back really soon.

Like tonight.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like tons of fun. Tell me more about the duck!

I like duck.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Glad you had a great time. I can't eat duck at a Chinese restaurant without thinking of the scene from "A Christmas Story".

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Oh my God, I'm STILL laughing so hard! That was hilarious--you crack me up!! LOL! :)

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, dude, you had to mention the mayonnaise shrimp again. I could eat that shit until I explode. What a way to go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home