Thursday, July 03, 2008

On the Way to Work

I had to be at work early this morning to prepare for a staff meeting.

I knew my pigeons would want breakfast so I brought a baggie of bird food with me.

Sure enough, they were all there waiting for me. The moment I brought out the baggie of food, they began flying at me and quite aggressively I might add. I flung the food on the sidewalk and they went nuts.
Don’t they look happy?



Yesterday, instead of a farmer’s market in the plaza, there were all these establishments selling. . . well. . . . . . crap.

It was sort of like really ugly knick-knacks; plastic dragons, tacky oriental vases, sarongs and the like - - sort of the Asian equivalent of those black velvet paintings you see in Mexican border towns.

Today, it looks like they’re just trying to give the stuff away:

Inside my workplace, which is an 80-story building that looks quite a bit like one of the World Trade Centers in New York, there are these huge gongs and gong mallets hanging from the wall. There must be about twenty of them hanging there.

Every day when I walk by them, I have this insatiable urge to take one of the mallets and give it a good bash. I bet it would sound incredible in the lobby area. It would probably alert all sorts of security personnel, who by the way, immediately told me to stop taking photos.

Wouldn't you want to give this thing a good whack or is it just me?


So, that was my walk to work this morning.

Pigeons, Asian tchotchkies, and a big gong.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm a little worried about the pigeons inability to show restraint. Make sure you wear goggles when you feed them. Those bastids will pck your eyes out.

And now "bang a gong, get it on" is going through my head so thanks just a lot for that.

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I would TOTALLY want to bang that gong! (Get it on, bang a gong...)

Now I have that stupid song in my head, too! Thanks a LOT! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home