Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Leaving Seattle

Okay, one more post about Seattle then I'll shut up.

Lorraine took me to the airport, we said our good-byes, hugging really hard.

Then, I went to check in. I noticed that I was placed in a middle seat toward the back of the airplane which is just about the worst place one could be for a lengthy flight.

Hrumph!

So, I checked in and settled down with a book. There was about an hour before my flight so I decided to get one last cup of really good coffee. It's Seattle, you know.
When in Rome, and all that. . .

I bought a small latte. And it was the absolute worst cup of coffee I've ever had. It was as though they'd melted a brown crayon in hot water. And topped it with a melted white crayon.

It went down the sink in the men's room.

Hrumph!

Then, soon before the flight took off, I asked the attendant if there were any aisle or window seats.

Bingo. An aisle seat near the front.

It was a good thing I didn't have any coffee because I slept most of the way back.

About an hour outside of Chicago, we hit some turbulence which woke me up. After things settled down, I heard the little kid behind me ask his mom:

"Was that 'extreme' turbulence?"

"Yes, honey, it was."

I really wanted to turn around and tell him that it was in no way "extreme" turbulence.

That kid's in for a rude awakening if he ever flies to Texas during a thunderstorm.

I called Lorraine, Miss Healthypants, and my mom once we landed.

I'm also buying a Scrabble set on my way home from work today. Lorraine's got me addicted to Speed Scrabble.

Miss Healthypants and I are going out to dinner tomorrow. I'm going to beat the pants off Miss Healthypants at Speed Scrabble.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Sorry about the crappy coffee and the turbulence. Have fun beating Miss Healthypants. Just remember, the "ox" in "pox" is not counted twice!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

I'll let you know how the new rules work out. You know, to keep Iwanski at bay.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

I WANNA PLAY! I WANNA PLAY! *THROWS TANTRUM*
*HRMPF*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home