Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bao, Wow!


Another thing Lorraine turned me on to is “bao” which are Chinese steamed buns.

I had always thought that they were just plain lumps of steamed dough and had always passed them up.

Boy, was I wrong.

It turns out that they have all sorts of savory, tasty fillings. The one I had in Seattle was filled with curried beef. That along with the slightly sweet glaze on top totally rocked my world.

And look what just opened up only one block from my apartment. A bao place called Wow Bao. Isn’t that just the cutest name you’ve ever heard?

I am SO stopping there on my way home from work tonight.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM , Blogger Eric said...

The local Asian Uber Market, Owajimaya, used to have ads on the busses during the holidays, Bah Humbao!

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yum yum yum.

And Owajimaya still uses the Bah Humbao slogan.

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Bao is good. So are steamed shrimp balls. Mmmm, dim sum sounds so good right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home