Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to Chicago

It's been an incredible trip to Seattle. Lorraine and The Family have been incredibly fun to be with. We've laughed. I've wept a couple of times. (The oysters accompanied with Prosecco and then the Christ the King mass at the cathedral made me verklempt. I'm such a puss.)

Lorraine's friends have become my friends. They're wonderful people which is certainly no surprise. I adore The Neighbor. They're so lucky to have each other as neighbors.

The Neighbor took The Child and I ice skating yesterday after church. BTW - The Neighbor sings in the choir at the Cathedral. It's truly glorious. They even sang the "Hallelujah" from Handel's Messiah yesterday. With a full orchestra. Unbelievable.



At the ice rink, they have these cute little helper-devices for the little-bitty kids to hang on to. I've never seen those before, but it sure enables the little ones to scoot around and have fun too.


Oh, and here is the obligatory photo taken by any tourist in Seattle:

I'll post some more when I get home, especially about the meal that Lorraine and The Spouse made the other night. But before I go to the airport, Lorraine and I have to play one more game of Speed Scrabble. She's gotten me addicted to it. Totally.

Here's a pic of my winning arrangement last night. At least, I thought I'd won until I found out I'd been cheating all this time. Notice in the upper left, I've got "box" and "pox." Well, I'd counted the "x" as a quadruple score because it also incorporates the word "ox" twice.

That's four words, right? Apparently not.

We're still having a laugh over my cheating abilities.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You big cheater pants.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck! I'm so sorry I missed saying goodbye to you :(

I'm so glad to have met you - thanks for the skating and the Shaker hymn and the maplely goodness and the new (in-person)
friendship!

Hope your trip home is safe and uneventful -

xo nayb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home