Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Perspective

Here’s a photo of the Earth and moon that one of our space ships took recently as it was flying around Jupiter. This is what our little planet and its satellite looks like from 600 million miles away.



Sort of looks precarious and insignificant, right? I mean, we’re just a little bitty speck, perilously suspended in the void. Some huge, errant object could come whizzing along and, bloink! The speck and everything on it would be gone.

Back in 1986, I owned a really cool Honda CRX and I loved that car. That little two-seater thing was the coolest car ever. I sold it so that I could live in a downtown high rise in Austin, Texas, and I’ve always regretted that decision.

Seeing our whole world as one tiny blip sort of puts things into perspective, I guess. Everything we know of, everyone we love is on this little, tiny dot.

It could all be gone in an instant.

Still, somewhere, at one time, on this little blip, I sold my Honda CRX and it will always be a huge deal.


2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger Bob said...

It's the little things, isn't it.

Earth, I mean.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Ha, that's too funny Dooder! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home