Monday, August 22, 2011

Just Something Beautiful . . .

In October, a music colleague who's a very fine violinist and I will be performing a truly beautiful piece by the Estonian composer, Arvo Pärt, called Spiegel im Spiegel (Mirror in the Mirror). It'll be part of a concert series in which we were asked to perform. 

Anyway, not only is this piece just about one of the most moving, pensive things, but I was also captivated by this quote by the composer:

"I could compare my music to white light which contains all colors. Only a prism can divide the colors and make them appear;
this prism could be the spirit of the listener."

Breathtaking. 

With that, here is Spiegel im Spiegel


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Mom said...

How I wish I could come to your concert! Beautiful, haunting piece of music.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home