Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mystery Solved!

While walking to work this morning, I passed by some of the movie crew who were laying down those yellow and black rubber thingies that the electrical cables go through. (Yesterday, I wrote that I really wanted to know what these things were called. Some of you responded with some great answers, too.)

Here's what I'm talking about:

See? What do you call those things??

This morning, I stood there and watched the guys laying down these devices. They had a cart loaded up with them and then I heard one of the guys refer to them as . . . .

. . . . are you ready? . . . .

Yellow Jackets.

Yellow Jackets! What a great name!
See? I knew these things would have an identifiable name.

Well, upon further investigation, it turns out that "Yellow Jacket" is the brand name for these "cable protectors." Yellow Jacket, Inc. is also the exclusive provider of cable protectors for Paramount Studios.

Here's their website.

The Yellow Jacket manufactuing plant is in a suburb of Los Angeles. If I ever go to LA as a tourist, I might see the usual sights. Paramount Studios, Magic Mountain, etc. But the highlight would be getting to tour the Yellow Jacket facility! It's a really good thing I don't have kids.

"Daddy, when are we going to Disneyland??"

"Right after we tour the Yellow Jacket plant, kids."

Next time I go see any movie by Paramount, I'm going to stay while all the credits roll. Toward the very end of the credits, you know, where all the insignificant stuff is, I'll get to see a reference to "Yellow Jacket, Inc."

Seeing that will be a very significant moment for me. The clean-up crew at the theater will probably be wondering why that one, lone guy is watching the very end of the credits with a big smile on his face.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! Oh dude, I'm never allowing you to take our future child(ren) to tour L.A.! *hee hee*

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

that is so....
I can't believe...uh..oh yeah?

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Today is a good day because I learned something new. I've already seen Disneyland, so next CA trip will include the world famous Yellow Jacket tour. I think we should go for the VIP tour.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home