Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Train Tracks

This afternoon, I was working in the suburb of Evanston which is on the north side of Chicago. On my train ride home, the Purple Line train has to negotiate through a tangle of train tracks where several lines meet.

Back when I was a little kid, I was obsessed with trains and, in particular, with these types of complex switch-tracks. Wherever two or three tracks would meet or cross one another, I’d analyze in detail how they were constructed and laid out, and watch for a train to cross through them. It was really fascinating to me.

So today, I was able to get a seat in the very front of the train and watch as MY train made its way through a maze of tracks. I also had my camera with me and made a little video of the train as it negotiated its way through the tangle of tracks.

As a little kid, seeing something like this would have been THE most exciting thing EVER.

Frankly, it still is.

After all, I practically injured an old man in my attempted to get a front seat.

Here is the video. I dedicate this to 'seven-year-old Buck' who would have spent hours watching this video over and over and over.
(My parents can readily attest to this.)

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yeah, that is pretty cool. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home