Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No Lifeguard on Duty

I’m in yet another hotel this week. Two different hotels and it’s only Wednesday.

I’m getting really good at operating the remote controls on the hotel TVs. I dread the day I get home and automatically press the power-menu-asterisk sequence on my Tivo.

I cancelled my gym membership the other day. Three reasons:

First, I’m never home anymore.
(2) my apartment building just opened a really nice gym and
c. All the hotels I’ve been staying in have ‘fitness centers’.

Yeah, like I’m going to remember to bring my work-out clothes on a business trip. I’ve been running around the state of Illinois with my underpants in a laptop case.

And what’s with all these indoor pools in hotels? I never see anyone in them but squirmy, squealy little kids. Watch out kids – the sign says ‘No Lifeguard on Duty.’
So don’t even think about drowning.

I never see any adult-type persons swimming in there. Probably because we wouldn’t know what to do with a wet swim suit. Like I’m going to bring a swimsuit and then drive three hundred miles with a wet swimsuit stuffed in my laptop case.

I have learned that one of God’s greatest creations was probably these two words:

Room Service

Oh my goodness, I cherish and adore Room Service.

After a long day of business meetings and ‘networking’ and putting out fires by remote-access, there’s nothing better than having a meal brought to my door on a nice tray.

After ten hours of feigning interest, the last think I want to do is to talk to anyone -- even a server at Applebee's.

(My per diem doesn't quite cover a room service meal, but I don't care. It's an expense I gladly cover on my own.)

Tomorrow, I will be back in Chicago, will get to go to choir rehearsal with eccentric musicians and then sleep on my own sofa.

I just hope I remember how to work the Tivo.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Blogger Bob said...

>I’ve been running around the state of Illinois with my underpants in a laptop case.<

Oh, I remember those days.
:::sigh:::

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I love that you carry around your underpants in a laptop case--LOL! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home