Monday, July 20, 2009

Facebooked

I’ve really enjoyed blogging these past few years and have made some wonderful friends along the way.

Last year, I joined Facebook and it’s been okay. I’ve re-connected with some friends from college with whom I may not have done so otherwise.

But what do you say to someone from high school (who you barely knew) facebooks you out of the blue with “Hey, what’s new?”

What’s new?

Thirty-two years of stuff has happened!

Heavy sigh . . .

“Well, after graduation, I broke up with Judy . . .”

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Kendall said...

I love Facebook, but like you I really don't know what to do when someone friends me that I didn't want to be friends with in the first place....ugh!

In the beginning I accepted, now I just hit ignore.

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Al In The County said...

I love Facebook, but you're right about the HS friends wanting to start where we left off.

"Well, lets see, I'm not straight anymore. Oh, and the management job at McDonald's kind of dead ended, so I went into politics..."

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*smiles* True it is! I always want to be like, "Well, for one thing, I'm not a small-town hilbilly any more." *grin*

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Of course, now I'm just a big city hilbilly. *hee hee*

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

I have the opposite problem....I have received NO friend requests from anyone from HS. But then again, like Kendall said...why would you want to talk to someone you didn't like in the first place? But still... it is sort of weird.

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Yeah, it's hard catching up in just a couple of lines here and there but I do like facebook and getting to see people I haven't heard from in years. Yes, I'm one of those people who have a hard time letting go of the past.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home