Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random Thoughts

I’ve been crazy-busy at work this week (traveling again) and haven’t even had time to blog during my lunch hours like I usually do.

So, some random thoughts. . . .

If I had a dog, I’d name it “Ouiser” after Shirley MacLaine’s character from Steel Magnolias. It wouldn’t matter if it was a male or female dog. Ouiser would be a great name.

I’ve always had sort of a crush on Juliet Binoche. I’m comfortable enough in my sexuality to admit it.

“Babette’s Feast” has got to be the greatest movie of all time.

I never watch any documentaries or movies about gangsters or the mob.

I like to emulate Dave Barry and Erma Bombeck in my writing.

Sean Hannity is what’s wrong with this world.

I wish sausage McMuffins were good for you.

No nation should have a military. War is stupid.

I’ve always thought atoms are solar systems in another dimension.

The number 2 looks bitchy and mean.

Taupe is the most boring color ever.

I’m proud to share the same birthday as Erma Bombeck.

There’d be a lot more good comedy and music if Gilda Radner and Janis Joplin had lived a lot longer.

I’ve met the following celebrities: Jim Nabors, Dom Delouise, Dave Barry, Helen Kleeb, and Barack Obama.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

You have NOT met Barack Obama, have you????

And yeah, the number 2 looks like a real dickhead. :)

 
At 11:27 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

MHP: I really did meet Obama when he first became a senator.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Dave Barry? OMG I am so jealous. I love him, he is a God of funny!

Agree about the number 2 and the name "Ouiser" is perfection.

Wow...Obama, huh? Coolness.

Oh and your comment about Sean Hannity - spot on, brother.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home