Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Newest Addition to the Family


Everyone in my family just got “bumped up” one notch with the arrival of my niece’s baby boy. I am now a great-uncle for the first time.

You see, this baby is the first one of a new generation for both sides of his family. This baby’s great-grandfather is my father. My younger brother is a grandfather.
Wow.

My niece and her husband are in their early 20s and live in England, as he is in the military. The little guy arrived six weeks early, but he and mommie are doing fine.

The thing about my great-nephew is that his name is Joseph VI. That’s right. Joseph the Sixth.

Apparently, he comes from a long line of Josephs, so it’s my guess that there wasn’t much question regarding what his name would be.

It's a good thing I didn’t have a kid and had been expected to carry on a familial tradition like that.

I would have ended up naming the kid something like ‘Percy.’

3 Comments:

At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And I'm the proud GrandPa! :O

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Pati Mc said...

Congrats Great Uncle Buck!
What a cutie =D

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Congrats on being a "great" for the first time--ain't it great?? *smiles*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home